Good Morning All,
We hope you have been doing good! Here are a few quick notes before race day:
- Please remember that to help offset the cost of putting on free race we request that you bring some sort of aid station food or beverage. Some suggestions include fruit, canned potatoes, pickles, chips, cookies, candy, soda and homemade baked goods :) Once the race starts we'll evenly disperse the donated items to our various aid stations.
- Bib #'s have been assigned and are available online at https://ultrasignup.com/entrants_event.aspx?did=61810.
- Packet Pickup will begin Saturday at 6:00 am and we will conduct a short race brief beginning at 7:50 am. The race will start promptly at 8:00 am. Please give yourself sufficient time to check in and take care of any prerace business you may need to take care of beforehand.
- GPS Coordinates are 35.310293, - 80.043726. There isn't a physical address for the trailhead, however there is a Dollar General about a 1/3 of a mile west of the start if you prefer to punch in a physical address. The address to the Dollar General is 4520 Nc Highway 24 27 W, Mount Gilead, NC 27306.
- The current weather forecast is calling for temperatures in the mid 40's at start and working their way up to the mid to lower 60's as the race progresses.
- The race begins with a 5.7 mile out and back along the park's forest service road. These first 5.7 miles will give runners plenty of time to spread out before entering onto the final 20.5 miles of single track. Once runners enter onto the single track portion of the course they will follow the orange trail tape and race signs on their right hand side the rest of the way. Runners will have access to manned aid stations at mile 5.7, 11.7, 17.4, 21.15 and at the finish (26.2).
That's about it for now. Please free to hit us up via email if you have any questions leading up to the race.
Take care and see next Saturday!
Dan and Amanda Paige